Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas party and a present from Santa

The pictures are all out of order and I am too tired to reorder them tonight- so I will caption them for you.

This is the last task of the night- eating dessert- Churros (I hope I got that right). These are donut sticks coated with sugar- a Mexican Dessert.


Yes-Momma these are good and I will fight you for them!!!!
The Christmas party!!! 160 people, all touched by adoptions from Guatemala- kids who came home, siblings, parents, friends and grandparents. It is amazing and inspiring to be part of this group.
One happy momma and one overwhelmed Little Bug. One year ago at this party, I was blue- so sad that Little Bug was not there to experience it. I was almost in tears all night. This year, on the drive to the party, I was explaining to Little Bug that Santa was going to call his name and then he would go sit on Santa's lap to get his present. Little Bug asked if I was getting a present. When I told him No, he was upset and kept saying "momma present" over and over. So I took the time to tell him that I got my present early- that he was the best present ever and I do not need any more presents because nothing compares to him. I don't Little Bug understood, but I was crying as I told him this- because he is the best gift ever and I am so blessed to be his momma.
Little Bug actually sat on Santa's lap and was not upset. He just kept looking at him.
And the present.
opening the present. it took 5 minutes for him to get it open. I think Christmas morning is going to be much slower than the last few years- Little Bug will be taking his sweet time opening his presents.
I finally had to show him the tape on the side so he could get the present open.
This was early in the party- before 90% of the families arrived. Little Bug was much more comfortable.

Dinner- burritos, chips and guacamole, fruit. Little Bug was enjoying this meal. I like the cater.
Santa Little Bug- he is all about the attitude!!!
The hat is eating the Burrito!!! This was so funny watching. Little Bug decided not to hold his burrito, so he leaned in to eat and it looked like the hat was doing the eating.
Mr. Attitude strikes again
The open Christmas gift- Crayons in special holders that are toddler sized. First thing he did was throw it to the ground to get the crayon out- yes that worked. So not what I was hoping for, but consistent with how Little Bug works- he needs to find out how to take things apart- it is just who he is.
Drawing with his new crayons. He made a new friend while coloring. I swear his friend could be his brother, they looked so much alike. Even the other boy's father commented on it. The resemblance and the comment brought up some things from our process that I thought I was over.
That's it for tonight. I am tired and going to bed. The suggestion has been made that we take Mam to the zoo tomorrow night- that will depend on how much sleep I get tonight and how Little Bug is doing in the morning. I am not sure he and I can handle 3 nights in a row of bedtime close to 9 pm or later- although, I don't go back to work until the 31st - so we have plenty of rest time coming in the next week.
love to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

No comments: