Saturday, December 22, 2007

last post before the holiday

Little Bug and I are going to take a break from blogging over the next few days. I am very weepy and I just want to enjoy my first Christmas with Little Bug. I am taking video to send to Guatemala- it will come with a friend who hopes to be traveling in January to pick up her son.

I expect that I will posting many pictures on the 26th of our first Christmas together- I hope you enjoy them



So, let's go back one year. I had booked a trip to see Little Bug right after Christmas. it was important for me to see him at this time, but at the same time, allow his wonderful first family the opportunity to enjoy and celebrate Christmas with him. So I arrived on Dec 27th for 4 days with my Little Bug. It was bittersweet- I had thought we would be together in the US by that point, but as I watched his loving first family- I realized how important this time with him was for them.

On 30Dec2006, we were waiting for our driver to take us to Antigua and some friends took this picture. It was the last time I held him on the trip. Once he saw his first family- he was done with me. I knew it would be like that, but experiencing it was difficult. What kept me going, was knowing that one day I would hold him forever and knowing that Carlos, Mireya, Susy, Karla and Andrea loved him more than I could ever understand.

The day before, another family shared Santa with us. To have a picture with Little Bug from this year is wonderful. I can not thank them enough for sharing this gift with me. Little did I know that Little Bug's first family had taken him to see Santa and I would be getting a picture of all of them with Santa (it still sits on my shelf and Little Bug loves to look at it).
This year- Little Bug and I have seen Santa so many times- here I thought I would have one picture from the mall and one picture from my families Christmas eve party- but nope- we seem to run into Santa everywhere. We went out to dinner with my parents tonight and the restaurant had a Santa circling the dinning room. Little Bug was not to happy with this Santa and told me 'nene scared". So I sat with him and he was fine.

This is Little Bug getting a candy cane from Santa- the candy cane was not peppermint- but was cloves. Little Bug did not like it, but I did. And this is Little Bug this morning. He slept until 8 am- which is unusual for him- normally he is up by 7 and I am trying to get him to sleep for another hour. I guess our late nights this week wore him out. And yes, for those of you who know what I have posted on other boards- he is sleeping in a blanket sleeper, 1 fleece blanket and one cotton blanket. He seems to be alright with all these layers- I think the cold is really getting to him and he likes being warm at night. I learned to put a tee shirt on under the sleeper so when I change his diaper at night, he does not get too cool.

Here are our plans for the next few days:
Sunday- hang out with Mam and Pap and watch our local football team lose (I have no confidence in them).
Monday- we have a quiet day together, then in the afternoon, dinner with Mam, Pap, Uncle Dave. The evening we have Christmas with my mom's side of the family- 12 brothers and sisters, spouses, an average of 3 kids each (my generation), my cousins kids- Little Bug is one of the youngest and then yet another level- tons of folks, tons, tons. We are supposed to get there at 6, Santa comes at 7 and I expect that we will not get home until 10 pm.
Tuesday (Christmas)- Mam and Pap are arriving at 8 am for presents with us, then we are having breakfast, then my sister and her family arrive, then we will eat lunch. Little Bug will nap and we head over to Mam and Pap's for Christmas dinner and movie watching.
I am off work for the rest of the week- I am hoping to get Little Bug potty trained during the day while I am off. Stay tuned for details on this .
Little Bug and I wish you all a wonderful, Merry Christmas and happy New Year.
Feliz Navidad, Feliz Nuevo Ano.
te amonos (we love you).
Deb AKA Momma Bug and Little Bug

No comments: