Tuesday, December 11, 2007

we survived the frozen tundra!!!

Yes, we are back from the frozen tundra that is Ann Arbor, Michigan. We had a great time visiting and playing. Here are some pictures- in no particular order.


This is ladybug- she is 4. She is leading the parade through the living room and playroom.
Little bug, playing the drum in the parade. he was a about a block behind the rest of the parade. He kept stopping and watching E and Ladybug march through the room.
Saturday morning, we ventured into Dexter Michigan for a visit with Santa (outside). It was a whopping 15-20 degrees outside (that is F degrees). Ladybug was fine with it, Little Bug was COLD!!!

Little Bug playing in the sun- I think he was wondering what the heck was Momma thinking with this trip.
Momma and Little Bug talking to Santa. Little Bug refused to sit with Santa and I personally don't think there is any reason to have him sit with Santa alone when all it takes is for me to sit with him and Santa and he is fine. So we sat, we talked, Little Bug asked for a car with people. he had been playing with Ladybug's dollhouse and the dolls have a mini van. He loved it. I have to find one- any suggestions?
After seeing Santa, it was off to Momma's favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor- Ali Baba's. The Tawook and Tabuli (chicken and tabuli) is the BEST!! The lentil soup hits the spot on a cold Michigan day and the hummus is out of this world. Little Bug is tasting hummus for the first time. He liked it, but not enough to eat it for lunch. He had grilled cheese and fries- the same as Ladybug.
Ladybug with her parents, E and C. E and I have been friends since 1979- yes, you read that date correctly. She is my oldest and best friend. She moved to Japan to teach English and found the love of her life- C. She moved back to US and Michigan 6 months before I was transferred to Michigan back in 1994. When I first moved to Michigan, I lived with them while I found an apartment. I miss having her close enough to see each other regularly, but I don't miss the cold of Michigan.
Friday night, C played Horsey with the kids. He used a cane while the kids had hobby horses. Little Bug loved this game. I think I might have to find one of these for him too.

Little Bug clearly thought Ladybug was the best to hang out with. She was not so sure of this toddler boy who wanted to play with all her toys, who got to sleep in the extra room, who occupied her space. I think she was happy to see us go home. Little Bug was sad to leave the cool new toys.
Playing with the horsey
Saturday, we also went to the store- to buy gloves for Little Bug. I know I had a pair of heavy gloves for him, but they have disappeared in the House. So knowing that Michigan would have store shelves stocked, I took a chance and waited until we went to visit to buy another pair. Sure enough, the shelves were mostly stocked and there was a pair of gloves that fit him. So a new set of gloves needed a celebratory ride on the penny ($.01) dinosaur. They loved it.
yes, I had Little Bug in a heavier coat- but I took it off to put him in the car seat and since we only going from the car to the store, I did not put it back him.
Playing on the nativity set before talking to Santa. You can't see it, but Little Bug is riding the cow (vaca), Ladybug is on the donkey (burro). This occupied them for a good portion of the wait.



Other thoughts: we drove to Michigan- about 4 hours in the car. Little Bug slept 2 hours on the way there (nap time) and all the way home. He was a trooper in the car and it was a good time traveling with him. Hopefully, we can head back to Michigan to watch some Gymnastics this season. GO BLUE!!!!!



No comments: