Thursday, December 27, 2007

Little Bug + trains = a good day

Today we headed downtown to see the train display. The gas and electric company has been sponsoring this display for 62 years- since 1946. WOW!!









I vaguely remembering seeing the trains when we moved back to the city when I was 12- I am sure my grandparents brought be down to see them as did my biological father- but I really don't remember them. I do remember bring one of the girls whom I worked with in Big Brothers/Big Sisters. The trains are cool, the display is awesome. I hope Little Bug gets to see the trains for years to come and he gets to bring his children down to see them too.





The display from outside.

One of the scenes in the display- a Victorian village. There are also stack yards, downtown city scapes, country scenes. So much to see and take in. They start setting up October 1st of each year.
Above the trains are other displays- this is a caroling scene.
Little Bug, preparing to enter the display area.

He looks so thrilled
Checking out the trains. I like the way they have it set up. the kids walk up a ramp that is separate from the rest of the walkway, that way the adults are always behind the kids and the kids get to see the display up close and personal without adults, strollers, etc blocking their view. Still looking at all the trains.
Yes, momma, I liked this!!!!!

I also took the paperwork for Little Bug's readoption/recognition of foreign adoption to the court house today, 30 minutes later, $145.00 poorer, we have a court date next Friday!!!! I never imagined that we would get a court date so fast. Next Friday, Little Bug will have an OH BC and his name will be changed officially. He will still be my Little Bug and our Nene. I can not belive that I almost burst into tears when the magistrate gave us the date. We got to meet the magistrate today who will be officiating at the court hearing- he said the most amazing thing to me after sitting with us for 5 minutes.


he said "there are many programs for children with learning disabilities, but very few for gifted children, you need to start looking for programs for your son, he is a gifted child". WOW!!!!

I know that Little Bug is intelligent and he is a fast learner, but I was not expected gifted to be seen so quickly. I guess I need to Little Bug tested and start to figure out how I can foster Little Bug's talents (while still allowing him to be child). So much to think about.
Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

No comments: