Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

No pictures- or at least pictures I can publish out here (Mireya and family- look for pictures in an email).

Saturday- Valentine's Day:
it really was just another day for us. I guess 20 years of no one special to share the day with really has pushed this day to just another day for me. I did not do anything for Bug, although he did make me a wonderful card. The card now has a place of honor on the wall in the dinning room- so I can see it while I make dinner every night. I think it will have to stay there for long time.
In the morning, we took Adventure the bear to the post office to mail out to the next family. And we mailed out packages to Jose and Bryan in Guatemala and to Popi and Mireya and the girls.
We came home and worked on the garden- I torn out the evil landscaping fabric that the people before me had put down. It was too thick to plant through and grass was growing on top of it. So now the front garden bed it ready to plant with new perennials come Spring. We worked on the back garden, where our veggies go and we walked the neighborhood.
We ended our day with Bible study and worship time. We had a great time singing praises and being reminded of how God loves us and cares for us.

Sunday:
The day started with me searching high and low for my wallet. It was hiding in the basket with our gloves- go figure.
We watched the NASCAR race and played outside with one of the kids in the neighborhood. It was colder today, but it was still sunny.
We ended our night talking to Mireya, Susi and Popi. Of course Bug talked about 2 minutes and then he was done talking to everyone. Thankfully, I use the speaker phone, so he can still hear and react to things that are being said- he did an awful lot of smiling at the phone as they talked to him and me.

This week, we are praying for S- we are praying that she hears form her agency and receives the referral of the child who will be her daughter. She has been waiting a long time to be a mom.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I just wanted to send a few hugs and positive thoughts your way, too. You DID spend V-Day with someone special - Bug! V-Day isn't only about romantic love, it's about spending the day with someone you love. And you also got to spend time with G-d, which I known is always special for you.
You are loved, you have been a wonderful friend to me. Thank you so much for being you!