Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An adventure with Adventure

So Adventure came along on my business trip this week. He will be hanging out here- in the hotel- while I am at the office this week. I was going to pose him with chocolates and a drink, but decided that the humor would be lost on 4th graders.

I think Adventure was happy to get out of the luggage

I flew into Charlotte, NC this morning before connecting to my final destination- more on that later.

Charlotte is the hub of NASCARolina- or the spot where nearly all the NASCAR teams are located. In the airport, they had the #24 car- so I posed Adventure with the car. Now realize that I would have much preferred this to be the #14 car- driven by my favorite driver SMOKE (Tony Stewart for you non NASCAR fans). If we had more time, I would have sat in the rocking chairs in the terminal and enjoyed watching the people go by


Bug was excited to see Adventure. I am not sure if Adventure is going to see much of our town- but he will get to enjoy some food that is a hometown favorite- Skyline Chili and Graeter's ice cream. These were 2 foods I had to have when I lived out of state and would come home to visit my parents.


On a super exciting note- these are the daffodils coming up in our front yard!!!! Spring is coming, Spring is coming!!!! And yes, I know that is can still snow- just look at last year when I had to cut all my daffodils down right after the bloomed because the snow was coming


I ma pretty exhausted today- I was up at 4 am to get to the airport and catch my flight. It was quite interesting. The flight to Charlotte was over and hour and the plane was 2 seats, aisle, 2 seats. So not a big plane. In Charlotte, I got on the plane for Raleigh and it was 3 seats, aisle, 3 seats- much bigger plane for a 25 minute flight. So very confusing. First plane was packed, second plane fairly empty. And the airlines wonder why they are doing so bad.
The airport in Charlotte yielded some excitement. While waiting for my plane to board, there were folks getting off another plane a few doors down- all of the sudden, this woman starts screaming "Are you security?" over and over as she is walking along. She gets to an airport worker near my gate and he lets her know that he is not security but he can get security. She starts screaming - this guy's is following me- tell my husband to stop following me." Poor guy, he looked so embarrassed- not the airport worker, but her HUSBAND. She walked down the terminal with all of us watching her and wondering what was really going on. The airport worker did call security, but we could not see what occurred when security caught up to them.
I am off to bed. Love to you,
Deb

No comments: