Wednesday, February 11, 2009

She is not married!!!!!!!!

I am so happy and excited- I got an email today from Compassion. There had been a mix up concerning Norma- apparently there are 2 Norma's in the same Compassion project and their id numbers are very close. I was given information about the other Norma - who is getting married this year after she completes all her schooling. So my Norma- who is now 14 is still in school, not getting married and is still in the project. PRAISE GOD.

Of course, I am sad that we were unable to meet her during our trip to Guatemala, but I am thankful that I prepared a gift bag for her and she got it. Hopefully Bug and I can meet her when we go back to Guatemala in a few years.

Before I received the email today, I had chosen to sponsor another child in Guatemala through Compassion International. His name is Bryan and he is in the same project as Jose. So now i have 4 kids I sponsor through Compassion. I guess next year, when Rosa (in the Dominican Republic) ages out of the Compassion program, I will have to pick another girl to keep the numbers the same. Most definitely, I will sponsor another child in Guatemala- the kids in Guatemala are too dear and close to my heart now that Bug has come into my life. I am hoping to get pictures of all the kids up on the blog in the next weeks.

Work related-
I decided that as much as I miss the interactions in the office, I do actually prefer to be at home. I had forgotten how dark and closed in the office feels- not that our office is actually dark or closed, just that you have to walk further to the windows. I also don't like the over head lights- I prefer the windows and my lamps at home. It is great to see folks face to face though and to have meetings where I can see body language and facial expressions. It is just nice to have the interactions.
I found it interesting today and yesterday to realize how quiet it is at home when I am working. Obviously when I am working - there are no other people in the house (except when Bug is home sick), so unless I am on a call or singing out loud- there is no noise. In the office, there are all these other voices and noises and radios (yes, there is someone right across from my desk that listens to the radio). I had to tell myself this morning that I was not going to react to all the noise and I would just work. Which of course caused a slight problem today when I saw the girl with the radio in the hallway and asked her a question and then when I got back to desk and was working- she had to yell at me 4 times before I realized that she was talking to me. Yep- I am so not used to people talking to me during work hours from across the aisle. I had to laugh at myself.

Tomorrow I get to come home and I am happy about that - while seeing everyone is great, being away from home is not.

love and hugs to you,
Deb

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I so know what you mean about the kids in Guatemala!! I started a new blog to help with Project Santa and kicked off the first raffle to help get supplies down there. Check it out when you can www.heart4children.blogspot.com