Monday, February 23, 2009

Little sponge

Bug was wandering around this evening muttering "she-she...." When I finally broke down and asked him what he was saying and where he herd it, he replied "Ni hoa Ki-lan". Yep, 3 episodes of this kids how and the little man is saying phrases of Chinese.

yes, he is- "she, she..." is repeated multiple times during the show. I am not sure if it is the word for grandfather or the word for thank you. heck I could be totally wrong on all accounts. I can't figure out the meaning because the character never translate - unlike Dora and Diego where 99% of the Spanish words/phrases are translated by the main character- Ki-lan does not translate her chines words on a regular basis. So I am lost trying to figure out the words.

Also heard tonight form Bug "time to let go"- a phrase from Nemo- Bug's new favorite movie.

It worries me what will come out of his mouth after we had movie afternoon on Sunday. I decided that I wanted to watch a DVD I have had since November/December- Prince Caspian. I should have watched it in the evening rather than during the afternoon when Bug was awake. I had to "explain" a few things and hide Bug's eyes a few times. Overall, I was disappointed with the movie. I need to get the books again (I gave them to a friend for her son about 4 years ago) and read the books to Bug.

Love to you,
Deb

1 comment:

Stacy said...

She-she (I learned it as she-sheye) does mean Thank You. It's one of two Chinese phrases I know. The other is Ni-how-mah, which is polite Hello.

Did you know that the Dora in Spanish does the same thing but with English? I actually knew a few English words because of Dora. I thought that was pretty funny.