Monday, August 11, 2008

How to freak out a Bug and a Momma

So no pictures tonight because Bug and I are sitting here recovering from our fright.


Let's start at the beginning, Bug and I are watchng the Olympics- MSNBC- before the Olympics started in prime time. All of the sudden, I hear a noise that sounds like something or someone trying to pull open the attic fan (for lack of a better term to describe what I heard). I was not sure exactly what I was hearing, so I sat quietly listening to hear it again. Sure enough I heard it, I turned again, then again. at this point I am starting to panic. So being the super brave momma I am, I decided to go walk toward the back of the house (garage and bedrooms) to figure out what was going on. The noise stopped. After checking everything I could think of, I came back into the living room. The noises were quiet while I was checking the house. After sitting back down, I heard the noises again. That did it- 9-1-1 was dialed and the police were called. while we waited for the police to arrive, Bug is getting scared too because momma is scared. I am trying to play it off that it might be an animal in the attic, but inside I am freaking out. I am scared to go outside for fear that there is someone on the side of the house (behind the huge pine tree in the neighbors yard), I am scared to stay in the house, finally flight takes hold and Bug and I go outside to wait for the police.
We see the police come to the corner and go the wrong way on the street (dang, i forgot to tell the 9-1-1 operator which end of the street we live on). A few minutes later, the police man arrives.

TIME OUT for a gripe: Please Mr. Policeman, if you come to my house again, do not get out of your cruiser with a fresh cigarette in your mouth and then proceed to put your cigarette out by dropping it on my drive way.

back to the story:
The police walks through the house, checks the basement and crawl space, and the outside- nothing apparent. Bug is sitting on the couch watching it all, letting me know that he wants to go sleep at Mam and Paps (I called them while the police man was here). As the police man left, Bug's radio controlled car start moving- no one was using the controller. NOISE identified. Boy did I feel stupid.
Bug was not convinced that the car was the noise and he spent the next 20-30 minutes telling me an animal or person was coming down the hallway. Note to self, next time, leave the house and go across the street and get the policeman that lives there to go back to my house and check things out while Bug plays with the policeman's daughter.

So now, Bug is sleeping on the couch, I think he will be in my bed tonight. I am calming down, he is still scared. Dang it- I never meant to scare him.

So the excitement at our house continues.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb

4 comments:

Angie said...

Awww. Deb. I know how scary those unknown noises are. Sorry you have been having a rough tie the past few days.

Vanessa said...

If it makes things any better something similar happened to my mom when we were kids, but it was one of my brother's voice acivated hero action figures!! I can remember how scared she was and how freaked out we were because of her!!
We've all recovered so he will be fine!! LOL!! You did the right thing because you just never know if it would be something dangerous!! HUGS

Wendy said...

Good lord, that is just about enough excitement for one week! Nasty bump, ambulance and police, strange sounds and more police. You guys need some BORING days!

Katie said...

Very scary !! Glad you are okay !!