Friday, August 22, 2008

Enough with the drama already

After work today, we headed to the aquarium to met up with Hermano and his family. Once everyone arrived 9the first drama), things were going along great until...........





Hermano fell while jumping around and smacked his nose right into the heater in front of the Penguin exhibit (thankfully the last exhibit). So the first aid team was called, ice was given, one toddler decided that ice was not going on his nose and the other toddler decided that ice was there to be eaten.





Hermano is doing fine now- lots of swelling, but it will be a few days before the swelling goes down and the doctor can tell if his nose is broken.

So, as we leave the aquarium, we decide that I will drive them to their car and then they will follow me to the hospital. We get to my car and the automatic key will not work, I get the car open and no lights come on, the car will not start. Yes, I left the lights on and I had a dead battery. So Hermano and family head out to their car and the emergency room. Bug and I use the call button by the elevator to call the security staff and ask them to call Triple A to come out and jump start the car.


Bug ate some fruit snacks and had some aqua while we waited.


30 minutes into our wait, I am losing patience- it is hot in the garage, we are dripping with sweat, the fumes from the cars are getting to us. Security comes by and I stop them to ask them if they really called for jump start for our car. At that point, they let me know that the folks that come from Triple A are always late and never know where they are going, but they can call another company who will jump start my car for $40-50.00. I tell them call them. I then ask how long it will take since Bug and I are overheating in the garage. "it will be soon" is the reply.

So back to the car to stand around and wait some more- this is us trying to smile while we wait.

Finally 45 minutes after the initial call, the tow truck arrives - yes I had to get pictures. The guys hops out, his daughter gets out behind him and he jump start our car.
This is his daughter K. she begged to take her picture.
He gets back into the tow truck, motions his daughter to get and tells me to have a good night. And with that he drove off- never charged me. I broke down crying because of all the people who saw us in the garage, this man took pity on us. Thank you Mr Tow truck man!!!!!!!

Bug and I drove to Mam and Pap's and Pap put our car on the charger for an hour. We are good to go.

I think Bug and I have our share of drama lately- hammer hitting bug, strange sounds in the house, and now car not starting. I think Hermano and his family have enough enough drama- Vaca daddy being hit in the head with a wooden post, some other stuff not mentioned on the blog and Hermano nearly breaking his nose. I think we all due for some peace and quiet now.

On to the more drama- Ahren is coming home!!!!!!!!! See Wendy's blog in my blog list. Finally after 3 years of drama, Ahren should be on US soil this evening.

Erin had her share of drama again this week- her blog is on my blog list. She had a huge scare that the adoption would fall apart after being in Guatemala and fostering for almost 2 years. But the birth mother interview took place and now she is just dealing with the regular (ha- what a joke there0 PGN drama.

So enough with the drama already, we all need time to catch our breath and rest.

Love and hugs to you,

Deb






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Hermano! That looks way more traumatizing than D's stitches....I guess we need to say a prayer that C doesn't follow with a head injury, like Bug, Hermano, and D!

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for the welcome home! That nose, just like Bug's head, looks awful! Thank goodness they heal so fast. Now no more DRAMA! Promise!!!!