Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wednesday- one year ago, the call that changed my life

Bug- same swing- 4th season he has been pictured in front of it. I have to put together a montage of the pictures.
Through the tunnel to the other side- worth the wait
Is there any little boy cuter than BUG???? No way, peeps- he is the cutest on the planet Daredevil in the making- he loves to climb up the slides. This one had him fooled- he could get almost to the top and then he would lose his footing and slide back down
Dinner in the park- chips, grape tomatoes, turkey and cheese on whole wheat bread and apple juice. We also had tangerines for dessert. It was a good night

Bug on Monday- climbing up the slide at home
Our clothes line holder (for lack of the better word). 300 pounds of concrete, one pole sleeve and 7 days of drying time before I put the clothes line pole in to the holder and start hanging out the wash to dry. Yes, 300 lbs- apparently I error on the side of overkill with my holing digging. My dad lectured me on using a post hole digger- I think it means the pole will stay put. Oh well.


Tomorrow- Wednesday 23Apr2008, is the one year anniversary of the call that changed my life. No, it was not the call for Bug's refer, but the call that told me our file was approved by PGN. I can not believe it has been a year, I can not believe that we are 6 weeks away from the one year anniversary of our family being together- of Bug's homecoming.

I do remember the call, it was a Monday morning, around 9:30 am, I was in a conference call for work and my home phone rang. I put the work call on mute thinking it was my mom calling me and answered the phone. On the other end was Holly, my coordinator at FTIA. She identified herself and asked if I had time to talk. I figured that she was just calling to tell me there was no news on my case, so I told her I would call back after my conference call ended!!!


When I called her back 30 minutes later, she told me she had never had a family tell her that they would call her back when she was calling to tell them they were OUT!!! It never even crossed my mind that her call was that our case was approved by PGN. I was working with adoption supervisors and they checked on my case on Tuesday and Fridays- there was no news the week before. I could not believe I was out. I emailed them right away to confirm it since my lawyer had lied to FTIA in the past. They confirmed the OUT and the planning to bring Bug home began in earnest.

How a year has changed me- that call and the confirmation the next day of Bug's birth mother's sign off made me a MOMMA- my dream came true finally.




Bug and I went to the park tonight- for me it was a celebration of being a family on paper for a year, for him it was time to run and play. it means so much to me to go and play with him at the park- it is a dream come true, a joy, a blessing, a gift. There are not enough words to express to God how grateful I am to be Bug's momma. Hoe much his life means to me. All I know is that over this year, my heart has been fuller, my hands have been busier, my house has been messier, my tears have been many, my thoughts deeper, and I have found love in the eyes of a little boy. Each day, my love grows for him. Each day we are more and more a family. I never imagined how my life would change, I never imagined how I would change, I never imagined how awesome it is to be a momma.



Have a great evening an wonderful day on Wednesday.
Love to you,
Deb




3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Family Day !!

Anonymous said...

Aw, he´s a real cutie! I´m a Canadian expat living in Guatemala and I have a Guatemalan husband and two little boys. I love learning about how children do once they are adopted out of Guatemala, since we see them with their new parents on the street all the time. Bug looks like he has a wonderful life and is loved to bits and pieces!

Anonymous said...

One whole year!!!! Congrats. What a great day to celebrate. Looking forward to the day you celebrate Little Bug has been WITH you longer than he was without you. That was always a huge milestone for me too;0)