Monday, April 14, 2008

too good to be true

This is the conversation with Bug and I tonight:

me: when the next commerical comes on- it is bedtime (we had finished 2 books and he indicated that he did not want his TU any more)
Bug: commerical?

We watch some more of This Old House, commerical comes on

me: OK, commerical time, time for bed
Bug: I want TU
Me: Momma said it was bedtime when the commerical came on and you said you no want the TU

Carry the Bug to bed

Me: Do you want momma to put your blankies on?
Bug: no blankies
me: do you want hugs and kisses
Bug: no

I move away from the door, ask the questions again, the answers are still NO, I move further away, ask again, still NO. I leave the room- SCREAMING ensues. Bug wants hugs, kisses, blankies on.

20 minutes later he is still SCREAMING for me to "come here".

This is getting old fast. I have stood outside his door and told him no- he came put his blankies on, he said NO to hugs and kisses, I love him but it is night night time.

You would think he would loose his voice or wear himself- or at least- learn that Momma is not coming back in when she leaves the room. The only thing I worry about with leaving him in the room, is that he will figure out that he can climb out of the crib and attempt it. I am not looking forward to the trip to the hospital that might ensue.

Why is this so hard for him to understand? Momma will put his blankie on, hug and kiss him, love on him, but he has to say or allow me to do it. There is a choice here and he does this to himself almost every night now.

I think I am going to sit outside for a while until he falls asleep.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

No comments: