Sunday, April 27, 2008

An outing with the Single Moms

I am not sure why the layout suddenly changed, but I kind of like it. I decided to go a had and post the pictures after thinking about my last post. Saturday, Bug and I spent the afternoon with a group of Single moms whose children were all adopted. The older kids are all from Russia and China and the younger kids are all from Guatemala. I think it is great that they get to see diversity and that they all come from the same types of families- single parent families.



Here are the older Guatemalan-American girls pushing Bug and Y on the swings. They were arguing over who would get to push the "babies"



Bug and Y enjoying a laugh- actually they were drumming on the table and just loving being out together.




We played with T and Y, N and D, J and N, and R and J. All of these kids are FTIA kids. All of us met on the journey. It is amazing to see Y who came home first down to D who has only been home 6 weeks, all playing together and just hanging out. We missed MK and MK2- they were watching ELMO . Hopefully, next month we can all be together.










This picture is from earlier in the week- I took Bug to the park after work, we had a picnic and he fell asleep on the way home. He just looks so cute- OK uncomfortable too, but that is why kids have soft bones, so they can sleep in their carseats and make their mommas just sit and stare at them.
Well, I feel better after posting these pictures- Bug and I are a family- we may be little, the world may see us as broken, but we are a family. I like our family- we have room for more in our family, bu if in the end, it is just Bug and I in our family, I will be happy.
Love and hugs to you,
Deb

No comments: