Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shopping with Bug


Sorry no pictures, it was a spur of the moment shopping trip.

As stated in the last post, or perhaps implied, Bug is growing up and I am beginning to think about transitioning him from the crib into a twin bed. but what to do? I have been searching stores and online sites for inspiration on bedding, but nothing has caught my attention as being Bug worthy and Bug suitable. UNTIL......




Yes, I ventured to the IKE@ store that opened last month. There I found what I was looking for and what Bug liked. He picked out his new bedding (not yet bought).
















I found some great boxes/shelves for his wall- we can put things in the boxes and I can decorate on top of them- so it is storage and display area. You can add baskets/bins inside the slots- way cool. Very much like cubby holes in preschool or like the ones I had in my dorm room when I was freshman in college.


















We did manage to buy the clothes hamper- I thought it was cute. These will be the colors in Bug's bug boy room. I am still trying to figure out exactly how to paint the walls- maybe paint the bottom portion of the wall teh blue color and then add a stripe in the green, or maybe paint one wall blue and one wall green- leaving the closet wall and the door wall the cream color that is already in the room. So many choices.


















The goal is to be done decorating the big boy room by his 3rd birthday, so he can move into the room as part of being a big boy who is 3 years old. I think it will be a transition over the last weeks of July and the early part of August, but he is already excited to get his big boy bed.

That's it for tonight. Love to you,



Deb

2 comments:

Resplendentquetzal said...

Love IKEA. Our son Ché has things from there too, including a toddler to big boy bed.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39847516

We haven't put it together yet, but it "stretches" and is little at first to give the feeling of comfort like a crib and then grows to a twin size.
We liked it because our son is small, and he could get in it on his own and out without much struggle.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh we are just about to start the CRIB TO TWIN here.

IKEA?
this weekend.


turbulent nights? I think we're headed your way.
:)