Friday, October 31, 2008

Tricks or Treats!!!

We had a great time trick or treating tonight. I left work early today to pick up Bug, pick up my parents and head home to prepare. Mam and Pap were going to hang at our house to hand out candy while Bug and I walked the neighborhood.

6 pm came and we were out the door. We hit the houses on our street first- this was the first year since I moved in that I got to have a hot fog- yes, one house on our street hands out hot dogs (all the trimmings), cokes and chips. I always wondered which house it was and tonight I got to find out. Turns out the house is owned by one of the ladies who teaches Bug's Sunday School class- how cool is that!!!

After hitting all the houses on our street, I though Bug was done since he was telling me that he was ready to see Mam and Pap, but it turns out he only wanted to show them the candy he got.

We headed down to the corner and out to the bigger streets in the neighborhood. We finished up one more street and Bug decided he was done. So by 7 pm, we were back at out house helping to hand out candy.

here are the pictures Helping to hand out candy, Bug would only hand candy to non scary kids- the scary ones were Mam's job.

Amazed that for one phrase "trick or treat", people give me candy. bug is still talking about it "they gave me candy momma"


One of the first houses- he was still not too sure here

Mam and Pap all set to hand out candy. It was a great evening, so the entire neighborhood was sitting outside



Little Man, all ready to hit the streets. Fireman outfit- check, firetruck dog- check, plastic pumpkin for getting the candy- check, happy boy- check
to follow up on yesterday's post- Pap tried to read me the riot act, but Bug (at Momma's prompting) told him to stop yelling at his momma- GO BUG.
well, we are off to catch some zzzs. We have a craft fair tomorrow morning and life group in the evening.
Happy Halloween.
Love and hugs,
Deb




1 comment:

Vanessa said...

He's a handsome little fireman!! I can only dream about being home at 7pm!! It was after midnight because Arianna had to go to the ER after a party accident:(