Thursday, October 9, 2008

An update- no pictures though

Today was a happy day at our house- we got our car back!!!!!!!!!

After driving a very different car for 4 days, I really appreciate my car. Even Bug was missing his car- last night when I picked him up, he asked for his car and his blanket (the blanket was in the wash). Then on the way home he asked for his CD (in the shop with our car).

I will say that while my car is 11.5 years old, it only has 80,000 miles on it. I bought it from the original owner (my parents), so I know the service history. I have continued to take my car to the same service department, so they know the history. I really don't want a new car, so this one will be nursed along until it gives up the ghost.

The car I had while my car was in the shop was a VIBE. It was way too small for us- Bug's feet could not hang off the car seat due to my seat being in the way. I was as close as possible to the steering wheel in order to give him more room and that was uncomfortable for me too. If I had put the seat where I wanted it, my seat would have been touching the back seat. Supposedly this car gets great gas mileage, but please don't tell my wallet that- I put gas in the car while driving it over 4 day- I was under 50 miles for the entire 4 days.

We liked the sun roof and I like that it sat higher than my car- but according to my dad that is because the seats are firmer (read HARDER). All in all, I was so excited to get in my car this morning.

Bug and I are heading to the football game tomorrow so there will be some pictures from the game (of Bug watching) and pictures of the band playing at half time (cousin Jason is in the Pit crew). The weather is supposed to be great- so it should be fun.

Love and hugs,
Deb


Oh- I drive a 1997 Buick LaSabre. LOVE IT!!!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

My mom use to have a Buick when I was younger and she LOVED it!! She swore she'd never part with it and had to once someone smashed ito her:(