Monday, October 20, 2008

Possible Christmas gift for Bug

Bug has been telling me for months that he dreams about Santa every night. When I ask him what Santa brings him, the answer is "moto" 99% of the time.

I have been highly resistant to the idea of him getting a moto- mostly because I would have to find one. But in this month's Parenting magazine- there it whttp://www.chiccousa.com/toys/toddler-2/ducati-monster.aspx

If I got this for him, it would be his only Christmas gift. Which, if memory serves from last year, would not be an issue. But more importantly, am I setting him and me up for disappointment? I never wanted Santa to be the focus, but if he gets this gift, Santa will reign in our house.

I am conflicted over this one- what do you think? Should I get this for Bug?

Oh- for the grandparents reading this in the morning- the moto is foot powered, only the engine sounds are battery powered (2 AAA batteries). There are training wheels- I would probably leave them on for a while and then take them off. No weight requirement listed on this bike.

thanks,
Deb

4 comments:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

YES, get it for him, too cute!

Vanessa said...

Santa is going to have to reign one day so I say go for it! I'm sure he'd LOVE it!

Wendy said...

Maybe Mama can give him the Moto and Santa can bring the helmet and some gloves for riding it?

I forgot to comment on your post about kids cold medicine, but AMEN! We are struggling with the same issue right now. Luckily, we have a nebulizer that we fall back on a lot. I also found a kid-approved nasal decongestant spray by Triaminic. It works for 10 hours! It is good stuff, which means it will probably be pulled off the shelves soon. I better go load up!

Anonymous said...

The Santa years don't last for long. Enjoy and embrace it while you continue to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. My disclaimer--I have older kids that "know" now. They also know why we really celebrate.

Kara