Monday, September 29, 2008

Some clarification

I feel the need to clarify why I would panic when Bug said "Jesus is in my heart". I came to Christ when I was 23 years old, after 14 years growing up in the Catholic church and then walking away from the Catholic church when a priest told me that my mother was going to burn in H*** because she divorced my bio father. After that, I took a nice ling break from organized religion and basically was searching for God everywhere except in a church

I came to Christ after searching for years for what was missing in my life, I came to Christ after 3 years of hanging out with a wonderful family who never preached to me, who prayed for me and who showed me Christ's love each and every day.

I did not grow up in a house where a relationship with Jesus was talked about, we prayed at dinner, we prayed at bedtime, we went to church on Sunday and that was pretty much it. it is just how it was - reading a bible was part of who we were or of the church. The catholic church I grew up in was sacraments and church on Sundays- that was it. If you had those things checked, off, you were goning to heavan (my opinion). It did not matter what you did during the week, so long as you were in church on Sundays.
When I came to Christ as 23, it was so different but I made the choice. I really weighed the options, I looked at the evidence. It was as much an emotiona;/spiritual decision as it was a rational decision.

So for Bug, at age 3, to tell me that he has Jesus in his heart is amazing, because it is outside of what I know and I am not sure how to nurture his relationship. Bug has to come to Christ in his time and in his way- I hope he always is a Christ follower, but I recognize that at this point, Bug could just be repeating what we talk about. So it scares me because I don't want to push him away from Christ and I don't want to be too blase about it that I miss helping Bug find his way to Christ. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

On a different note, I have decided for the foreseeable future, Bug will not be in the house while I pack for our vacations- Little Man was a shadow that was stuck on me like glue. Every time I turned around, he was right there. And when I walked down the hallway, he had to lead and he was walking about as slow as possible. It took an hour to pack what should have taken 20 minutes. Little Man (Bug's latest nickname) was not too excited about packing his toys. I think he is clueless as to what vacation is all about.

Well, I am off to read emails and blogs before bed.

Love to you,
Deb

No comments: