Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our new normal


Yes, that is Bug sacked out sleeping in my bed. he has been in my bed since I came home from my last business trip. I doubt I am I going to get him out before we get home from our upcoming vacation. I am resigned to having 1/4 of my bed for the next 2 weeks. But when we get home, he is going back in his bed.
Sharing a bed with toddler boy is not a way to get restful, deep sleep. Even though I have put a pool noodle on the one side and it keeps him in the bed, I still am half awake all night worrying that he will somehow fall out of bed.
I watched him fall off the couch last weekend- OK not that I really watched him fall, but I know how it happened- he was sleeping on the couch exactly like he is in the picture above, he must have shifted just enough as I walked by him to flip over on the way to the floor and land sitting up. He had the most confused look on his face and it certainly did not help that I was holding back the laughter from the look on his face. He could not figure out why he was awake and how he ended up on the floor. Poor baby.
But back to the bed sharing- for whatever reason, toddler boy thinks my bed is his bed and he takes over 3/4 of the bed when he sleeps. It does not matter if I move him over when I get in bed, he will take back all the space a tsome point in the night. So about midnight I wake up realizing that I squished to the one side and my arm is numb from lying in the same position for hours.
Maybe while we are on vacation next week, Mam and Pap will entertain Bug while this momma bug gets a nap in the bed all alone.
We leave in 6 days for the mountains- I am so excited to be going to the Smokies for a long weekend. The weather should be cooler and the trees should be changing color- it should be a great time.
Love and hugs to you all,
Deb

1 comment:

Murph said...

Rudy sleeps the exact same way only he thrashes all night long and it is very dangerous for anyone else in bed with him. Hope you get some rest on vacation.:)
Kathy