Sunday, September 28, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes (or toddlers)

I have been a slacker momma this week and I did not take a single picture of Bug. But this coming week, we head out on our first official vacation and I plan to take a ton of pictures- so prepare yourselves for lots of pictures.

Oh to the topic at hand, this week Bug has really has some cute things to say or do.

Saturday night at life group, he looks at me during kids worship and says " I have Jesus in my heart".
I melted, then I panicked. Because what do I do now????? Help!!! He is obviously getting our talks about Jesus, our prayer time, church time and his Sunday school lessons, but what do I do now?? Staying with the same routine seems the right choice, but is there more I should be doing to encourage him to know Jesus as his friend?

Today he was singing something and he told me they sang it in church. Something about "thank you Jesus" and then monkey sounds. They have been learning about Noah and the Ark. I think I am going to have to ask for CD of the kids church music so I know exactly what Bug is singing.

Bug has been very concerned this week that he is both my baby and my big boy. He really wants to be my baby, so he checks frequently to see if he is still my baby.

He is trying so hard to mimic conversations- we get in the car in the morning and his question is "so, how was your day", about 5 minutes later, the same question is fired from the back seat. He asks me "how is your mom, how's your dad?" Like they are somebody he does not know. I asked him this week, how his momma is and he told me "she is in college". Not sure what he was thinking there, but we had a talk about his momma being on the couch talking to him and not a college.

Some days, I would like to know exactly what is going on in that toddler mind of his.

Well, I am off to bed. Bug and I have 2 days before we leave on vacation and I have lots to get done.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb

No comments: