Thursday, June 19, 2008

tumbling tot










Bug started "baby basics" gymnastics last week with our friend Y. They really enjoy hanging around like 2 little monkeys.





The "class" starts with some songs and the kids to play on everything set out- beam, bars, tunnels, mats, hoops, balls, etc while the parents run around with them, then they end with another few songs. It is way more unstructured then I thought it would be, but Bug and Y seem to love it. I think next session though, he is moving up to the formal gymnastic class.









Bug, walking on the beam- he does not like it as much as Momma does (trying to relive my days pretending to be Nadia C and winning the Olympics)

Bug will usually hold my hand while I walk on the beam- thank goodness the teacher saw me running around taking pictures and begging Bug to let me take his picture.




















Jumping with Y on the mini trampoline. Bug was not sure about this mini trampoline and when he nearly fell off, that was it for the trampoline. He was much happier playing..........





























Soccer (football) with the beach ball. He ran around for 15 minutes (half the class) playing basketball and soccer. He would have been happy just playing with the balls the entire time.

last week, there were lots of tunnels to crawl through, this week not so much. I think if the class was tunnels, balls and hanging bars, Bug would be happy as a clam.


The only downside to these classes is that they are at 7:30 pm (Bug's bedtime), so it is 9 pm by the time he is in bed, thankfully we just have to make it through Friday before we have a rest days.

Well, I am off to watch the news and go to bed.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is excellent congratulations AIDAN you can do it !!!

Popi Carlos

Vanessa said...

He's such a cutie!! I can't wait until fall because my girls will start dancing and tumbling!!
HUGS