Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our weekend

here is the recap of our weekend. It started at 5 am on Saturday morning- yep- 5 am. Bug decided that he was going to be up. Bad thing, big boy beds, he can escape and come into my room. He proceeded to inform me that he needed his diaper changed and the smell confirmed this. at 5:30 am he came back in to my room and had the same issue. The day was not starting off well.
So at 6 am, I pulled him in to my bed in the hopes at that we would both sleep. He slept, I did not. At 8:30 am, I woke him up.


Doesn't he look precious!!!











At 9:30, we picked up Mam and headed over to the Butterfly show. Since is was a cloudy day, I did not expect to see many butterflies- but I never expected that the Bug would be terrified of the butterflies. NOTE to Auntie Lulu- BUGs, flies and especially butterflies are not bad, scary or evil- stop teaching my son to fear everything that creeps, crawls or flies. It was so disheartening to watch Bug move away from the butterflies refuse to look at them and basic want to be anywhere but at the Butterfly show.




Mam and I had a great time, lots of butterflies landed on us- Mam's pictures are better than mine. It was almost as fun as the butterfly house in Niagara Fall, Canada.
Bug, happy to be out of the butterfly exhibit and running through the plant exhibits.




Bug did like the fountain in the waiting/ticket area. But heck, Bug loves water (another story for later)

The exhibit was themed around China- this is the butterfly house with Chinese lanterns. Loved it. I need some more butterflies in the backyard. I just need another year or 2 with my garden and it should be ready to go as butterfly heaven.
A butterfly on me
Chinese dragon with butterflies resting on the plants.
Sunday, Bug and I headed over to the park in the afternoon- 90 degree heat included. Bug and I were both tired after an hour. We sat in the car and gulped our water down. But it gave us a fun afternoon. I will say, we will probably not go to the park in heat like this again, Bug got to swing, slide down this slide 2 times before the sand was too hot and walk around. The other slides he likes are out in the open and way too hot. So we'll either have to go in the early morning or late evening if this heat keeps up.
Love to you,
Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweated at the pack here as well----the things we do for our kids huh?

mine seemed to adore the heat.

not mama.

Anonymous said...

Aidan is a beatiful and great boy.

Fam. Pineda