Sunday, June 1, 2008

One year home



Today, Bug has been home one year. I had a post formulating in my mind to write about the "cost' of him being home - you know the cost of not being a self centered, only worried about me kind of post- but I am still working on it.

So instead- the comparison- Bug today, sitting on the porch swing, with "mimi" and his juice cup. he was pointing a neighbor girl riding her bike down the street, he wanted to talk to her.




Bug, last year, one day home with Mimi on the porch swing.











I think I am going to take a picture each year of him on the swing with Mimi to show the change one year has brought to him.
Today, we had church and I had 2/3 year old duty during second service, so that meant I was going to get to hang out with Bug, instead, one of the workers got moved to the nursery and Melissa and I had 11 2 year olds, 2 that cried the entire time and 2 more that kept trying to make a break for it. The kids rotate rooms- one room for story, then another room for music, then another room for crafts. so we have to walk them in the hallway- one little boy took off running for the door and I had to chase him down- I pulled my hamstring (I always though those athletes were faking how bad it hurts- but dang- IT HURTS). So the pulled hamstring meant that Bug and I were not going out anywhere after church.
So home we went for naps on the coach- we both slept 2.5 hours (WOW!!!!)
Then we went over to the grocery store to pick up some tomatoes and potato salad for dinner and I grilled steaks on the grill- enough for lunches and left overs this week for dinner. We had fresh lettuce from the garden, tomatoes, great potato salad (I need to get the recipe) and steak. It was delicious. it will be an even better dinner later in the summer when we have fresh tomatoes and lettuce from our garden.
For dessert, as a celebration, I bought the goodies to make smores. Bug only ate the marshmallows- I had 2 smores- they were great.

We took a walk around he neighborhood- Bug on his tractor, me limping along. Bug watched some of the CARS movie while I cleaned up from dinner and then he decided to go to bed in his big boy bed.
I will probably move him back to the crib later tonight because the ed does not have the safety rail yet and I am worried about him being in the bed all night, but he loves it. So I guess he will be moving to the big boy room sooner than expected.

It was a good day- injury included.

We hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb and Bug

1 comment:

Ann said...

We vote for the first picture as his pic for the calendar this year. HOW CUTE!!!

Ann and Elianna
future inlaws who really are outlaws...LOL