Monday, June 2, 2008

Sleeping in his Big Boy bed


Over the last year I have learned that arguing with Bug is just not worth it sometimes. So last night, he decided that he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed. So I figured I would let him (even though I need the bed rail thing). I figured he would last 10 minutes maybe and he would be asking for his crib.
BUT...... as you can see, he is sleeping soundly in his bed.
We did story and prayer time in his room (WOW- what a difference from the couch and the distractions in the living room), I laid on the bed with him for 10 minutes and then I left the room. He "talked" to me for another 10 minutes and then went to sleep!!!!
I went in at 11pm and took him to my bed to sleep as I was so scared he would fall out during the night and he needs a step stool to get into the bed, so the drop to the floor is pretty high.
Tonight, he wanted to sleep in his bed again, so since I bought the bed rail today, I figured we'd try it again. He spent a little more time settling down, making sure I was in the house by talking to me and asking me to help him find things, but 20 minutes after I left the room, he is out. He has not even attempted to get out of the bed and the door to his room is wide open!!!!!
If I had known that bed time could be this easy, I would have done this long ago. WOW- no drama, no tantrums, no screaming (of course, tomorrow night he'll start that just to show me I am wrong).
His room is not set up at all, I had to move a bookcase in this afternoon so he could have a lamp, there are still paint cans in the closet, I wanted to clean the floor and I still need to put an outlet cover back on a outlet (it is covered with tape and hidden behind the bed). So I guess this weekend, we will be moving Bug over to the new room. I did try some psychology on him this evening showing him that there is no place to change diapers in the room. Maybe that will help encourage him to potty train.
Love and hugs to you,
Deb

No comments: