Sunday, June 29, 2008

Out and about and some gardening prep

Saturday Bug and I made forms for our raised garden beds. we still have to fill them with composting grass, leaves, newspapers 9to block weeds) and some compost so that we can actually plant in them later this year or next Spring. We got 3 forms built- it will take another 2 hours to fill them with the materials. It looks like I can add at least 4 more down the fence line- that means I can have 3 of them for corn next year. Bug was not using the power drill- he was reaching for the regular screw driver to use.

The forms are 4x4 feet- which will work out perfectly for the square foot gardening I have planned.
After building the forms- Bug took the dump truck and bulldozer out for a spin in the yard. he was driving them all over the back yard for at least an hour- we both took a nice nap.










Today, Bug and I headed out to the festival near my sister's house. it is held at the Greek church and my whole reason to go was to eat the great Greek food. We ended up playing at the fishing pond. Bug won a dolphin!!!
We rode the spinning bears- Bug loved it.


Bug rode the MOTOS!!!!!!! I think he would have been happy to do this the whole time.

See, Mr. happy Bug!!!
He rode the carosuel- the fire truck dog!!!

it was a good day. We left after Bug finished with riding the motos, we left (but I did get a packet of desserts to have this week). we left at the perfect time because on the walk back to Laura's house, the rains came. we made it into the house just as the heavy rain started.
I like this festival- I think though, next year, we will go later in the evening on Saturday evening and enjoy more of the music, dancing and culture aspects. Today was just seeing what it was all about.
well, it has been a busy weekend and I need to get some sleep because the next 2 weeks at work are going to be busy. Thankfully, this is a short week since Friday is a holiday.
Love and hugs to you,
Deb

No comments: