Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Various things

First and foremost, what is up with adoption agencies?

A stranger-friend, wendy, is dealing with a long adoption for her son Ahren. and now even more drama with her adoption of PBJ. I just do not understand how agencies can work with lawyers and then think they have no responsibility to follow up, to provide the service they were contracted for- and I am not talking about bringing home a child- I am talking about filing documents, making sure the children are well cared for, following up as deadlines approach, keeping PAPs informed. This is what our fees go for- for legal services and foser care for the children while the adoption is considered by the courts. Wendy needs some love now- so head over to her blog - linked on the side. Wendy and her family don't deserve the level of incompetance her agencies have shown and the kids don't deserve what this process is doing to them.

On that note- I hold my former lawyer up too. The word on the board and other blogs last week was that he had not registered any of his cases becuase the forms kept changing so he just did not do them- but yet he told FTIA they were all registered. HELLOOOOOO- you are not paid to sit back and wait, you are paid to be on top of things and if you have to redo them because things change- well welcome to the world that adoptive parents live in!!!!!!!!

On a funny note- Little Bug had me rolling on the floor today. We got snow (again- when is Spring?). he did not want to go outside and play in while he was with my sister today, but when I arrived to pick him up, he was ready. I told him we would play after dinner, knowing that he would pick up a few handfuls of snow on the way to the car. But, I still did not put his gloves on him becuase he has been picking up snow with his bare hands every time it snows. So out the door we go and he proceeds to pick up snow and throw it at me and the car. Then he got the bright idea to put his hands in a large drift of snow. Suddenly I have a screaming and crying toddler because his hands were very, very cold. I could not help myself, I burst out laughing as I was getting the blanket from the car to dry off his hands. Heck, I am still laughing- he was so shocked that cold could hurt. I am thinking that I will have little trouble getting him to put on gloves when I ask him from now on. He was funny, crying at me and telling me "COLD, COLD, COLD". Life with him is certainly never dull. My sister congratulated me for letting him learn a life lesson, I just think I am a "bad" momma right now becuase I laughed at him.

Wednesday night is now my night out without him. I am at a loss of what to do- I left chior- more becuase of the schedule on the weekends and the schedule for easter this year- it was just going to be too much to arrange a babysitter on so many days- even if it was my parents. So now I have 2 hours free on Wednesday night. The first week, I went out with my parents, the last 2 weeks I have gone shopping at the quilt shop and then the book store alone, but I am looking for something that involves other people. Maybe a book club or a Bible study or a Mom's night out or a quilt shop where I can sit and quilt for a few hours/cut fabric or heck, scrapbook? Anyone have any ideas? Anyone want to join me- sans kids?

Well, I am off to read my new book.

Love to you all,
Deb aka Momma Bug

No comments: