Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fun in the snow and tea time with momma

Our weather is turning bad here- someone please explain to me why the worst winter weather seems to come at the end of winter when I am ready for Spring instead of at the beginning when we are all resigned to the fact that it is winter?

I decided to go and get Little Bug from daycare early- we were getting snow and then changing to freezing rain. So before the roads got bad and we were stuck in traffic, I ran out and brought him home and then finished my work day- including a conference call. I am very thankful that my brother was off work today and he entertained Little Bug with the cats while I was working.

After dinner, I decided that we should go out and play in the snow. Since the freezing rain was coming later, the snow would be ruined. So here is our night-

Getting ready- this is what happens when you let a toddler put his own hat on. In his snow suit and thinking he is cooler than cool with his hat. He was so excited to put his snow suit on.
All bundled and ready to head out- check out the gloves.
Checking out the snow on the back porch- note the sandbox in the front- filled with water, ice and snow. I had to dump it all out and set it up on its side - we need that for the Spring and Summer months.
Off to explore the backyard. My yard looks so huge in the pictures, but it is not as big as it looks. Usually I never set foot in the backyard during the winter- the snow stays pristine. I think it will be a long time before I have a pristine backyard during the winter. I am so happy!!!
Uncle Dave came out to play too

Momma and Nene playing in the snow- we were throwing snow at each other- the snow was too dry to make snow balls. The white flakes in the picture- snow!!!!! The flakes were huge
Showing Nene how to make snow angels
Not quite getting it
But, he totally loved falling face down in the snow and eating it.

I thought he was getting cold and needed a scarf- he told me to take it off.
More exploration of the yard- going down the hill and then coming back up the hill
On purpose he slipped down the hill many times - it thought it was cool.
Making circles in the snow

Thinking about whether or not it was too cold- the answer "no, I warm". So we stayed out some more

Eating an icicle. Yes, I let Little Bug try things out- better he try some things with me, then try something bad on his own. He thought this was cool.
Very happy to be sitting in the snow and eating ice. Apparently snow suits keep you very warm and toasty.
On our way back into the house, we saw Snicker sitting on the table watching us.
So after playing the snow and having a good time, Little Bug needed a bath and some hot tea.


Being a cutie after his bath- all bundled up in his firetruck jammies.
helping to make hot tea- while the water is heating up in the microwave, we mix milk and sugar (splenda) in a cup- Little Bug spoons the sugar in and stirs it up
Then we get the tea bag out- the choice tonight was green tea or apple tea. we had green tea tonight.
After the tea "swims" in the water, I spoon it into Little Bug's cup and put the sippy cup lid on it. Spooning it in to the cup allows me to make sure the tea stays on the cooler side. Tonight I got it a little too hot, so Little Bug waited 30 minutes before he wanted to drink it all.

We had a good time this evening, hopefully the roads will be OK in the morning and Little Bug can go hang out with Auntie Lulu and her kids (school is already cancelled).
Love to you,
Deb aka Momma Bug


1 comment:

Mamita J said...

Deb,

Cute! Cute! Cute!

We got the freezing rain too. YUCK!

Love,
Julie