Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend wrap up

Friday- my drummer boy. He was giving me a concert.
Showing me some toy- it was important at the time, but he quickly forgot about it.
Saturday, he got 2 new toys- a SOCCER BALL- we played soccer for while in the backyard and wore each other out. And Bug got a climbing tower. Some friends gave it to us since their daughter has outgrown it. About the time Bug out grows it, their youngest will be ready for it, so it will go back to them in 3 years.
Bug, screaming for joy after climbing up- he really like it.
The slide is so much bigger than the slide he got last year. I think he will be playing on this all the time.









Friday, it rained all morning. We were planning on marching in the neighborhood parade again this year, but I decided that walking for 30-45 minutes in the rain was not a good thing. Neither Bug and I can get sick for the next 6 weeks. So we had our parade in the house. Bug waved the flag, I pushed the button the fire truck (on top of the stroller) and Jason was the marching band. Bug loved it, Mam, Pap, Auntie Laura, and Uncle Darrell were the parade watchers. Jason did not like it, but it was really cool of him to play along with us. Bug loved it.


Bug and Pap having a discussion about some toy or snack they are sharing.

More of my drummer boy.



Bug also is potty training again, not his choice but mine. The 4th was an experience and I nearly gave in, Saturday was slightly better, and i still might have given in- thankfully my parents kept me strong and today, Sunday, Bug seems to be doing better. We had many treats handed out- Bug gets a "pootsie roll' (AKA tootsie roll) each time he goes in the potty and a sticker each time he tries and does not go. The tootsie rolls were a big hit today. But if we have repeats of Friday and Saturday, I will be doing wash every day just to keep up with underwear for Bug (he wears them under his pull up). I think between taking him to the potty every 15-20 minutes and the lure of the tootsie rolls, he might understand it now. We'll see how this week goes.
I will say that potty training is hard on me, I have to think about our errands to make sure there are stops along the way, or that we are home more than we are out of the house. It made Saturday hard, because I had errands we just never got to, because I wanted him home for potty training time. Hopefully as things progress, we can be out a little longer or I can get errands done during the week while I am going to pick him up.

Well, he finally fell asleep and I need to think about going to bed- we have another long week at work ahead of us.

Love to you,
Deb

No comments: