Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Golf or field hockey???

last year, I bought a toy golf set for Bug at a yard sale- now I know why it was a $1.00. Black electrical tape on the ends down in the golf bag are not noticeable. So instead of golfing in the backyard- I think we played field hockey or some weird form something.

Bug seemed to enjoy it- including all the times when the handles would fly off or the club heads would fly off- it seems to add to the adventure of hitting the balls.


We went out tonight and bought new shoes. In the spring, Bug was wearing a 7.5 size shoe and it was big (room to grow into). Tonight, they measured his foot at 8.75 - so he got 9.5 size shoes!!!!! Yikes and double yikes. He is growing lots and lots.

I look at him and see a little boy- no baby or toddler left- all little boy.

It is hard to believe that he is growing so much. I remember asking my niece and nephew to stop growing and stay little. I wish for the same for Bug, I wish he would stay little for little while longer- but I know he needs to grow up a little more. The bite mark on my arm tells me he needs to grow up a little more- then maybe he stop for a while so I capture this time and enjoy it more. Life in the trenches with a toddler is not all fun and games folks. Biting is not acceptable behavior and unfortunately, it evokes an emotion response in an over tired, stressed out momma- which does not solve anything.
I wish I could be a parent like Dawn, Wendy, Lisa. I try to be a better momma to Bug, but I don't think I am making progress in being better. It is hard to admit- I am falling so short of what I wanted- yes, mother, I admit I want to be perfect. At this point I will settle for being better tomorrow than I was today. And I feel like this most days and I fall so short.


Well like Scarlett O'Hara says- tomorrow is another day.

Love to you,
Deb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good momma, we can all strive to be perfect but let me say, I am so far from that end of the spectrum sister! Growing up is great, I cant believe my baby is going to kindergarten in about 6 weeks! He will be on the school bus without seatbelts or highback booster seats for his little bitty 42 pound body! Growing up is fun, lots of new adventures, words, questions and just thinking that mom is the best thing next to peperoni pizza!

Lisa H.

Wendy said...

Deb you are a wonderful mother!!! Bug is very lucky. We all lose it sometimes. It's not pretty but it is the truth. And maybe our kids need to know how much their actions can hurt us. How else will they learn empathy? Hang in there, you really are doing a terrific job!!!!

Derek and Jennifer said...

Deb, Can I say that I totally understand what you mean and I feel the same way at the end of so many days. It's okay to have bad days and we cannot let the guilt get us down. You are an awesome momma showing love to your little boy. You are doing everything you can to give him a great life and he knows he is loved.